Online payment not available during Alert levels 4 & 3.
COVID-19. From 8th September, we will be in level 2. COURSE OPEN TO MEMBERS and Green Fee players
From Wednesday 8 September 2021, Covid-19 Alert Level 2.
HGC Clubhouse, Toilets, Locker rooms and Shop may be open.
Maintain 2m distancing.
Flags should be left in the hole.
Do not share equipment.
COURSE OPEN TO HAGLEY GOLF CLUB MEMBERS AND GREEN FEE PLAYERS.
Tee Booking is essential, book here before you come to the course.
Saturday, Club member Tee Booking is essential, book here before you come to the course.
Green Fees, pay online here before you come to the course.
Course Patrolled. You must Pay and Book before you come to the course.
|Covid-19 Alert Level:||1||2||3||4|
|Course||OPEN TO HGC MEMBERS and GREEN FEE PLAYERS||OPEN TO HGC MEMBERS and GREEN FEE PLAYERS|| OPEN TO HGC MEMBERS ONLY|
CLOSED TO GREEN FEE PLAYERS
|Toilets||OPEN||OPEN||CLOSED, make sure you relieve yourself before arriving at the course.||CLOSED|
|Social Distancing||Maintain 2m distance||Most important to stay safe and stay physically distant from people outside your bubble.||N/A course closed|
|Tee booking - |
|Preferable for track and trace. Book Saturdays here before you come to the course.||Essential for track and trace. Book Saturdays here before you come to the course.||Essential for track and trace. Book a midweek tee time here. Book Saturdays here before you come to the course.||N/A course closed|
|Tee booking - |
Green fee players
|Essential for track and trace. Book a tee time here. Suggest green fee players pay online here before you come to the course.||Essential for track and trace. Book a tee time here. Pay online here before you come to the course.||N/A course closed||N/A course closed|
|Flagsticks||Flags can be handled.||Flags should be left in the hole.||REMOVED||N/A course closed|
|Arrival and departure||Arrive ready to play, depart immediately after your round.|
|Scorecards||MAY NOT BE USED|
|Bunker rakes||REMOVED FROM COURSE|
Specials advertised on Facebook
Midweek green fee special
$15 for 12 or 18 holes, Wednesdays only. Come and play and help support the purchase of a new coring machine.
12 hole annual membership
$35 per month. Play 12 holes as often as you like, ideal with Daylight Saving and summer just around the corner.
Welcome to Hagley Golf Club
Those of us lucky to be living, working or just staying close to the centre of the city are just minutes away from that relaxing game of golf. No more fighting the traffic to get to the course, Canterbury’s oldest golf course is right here in the middle of the city.
First established in the 1870s, the course hosted the 1893 New Zealand Championship.
- Visitors are most welcome, phone the shop on 379 8279 if you need to hire clubs.
- Car parking is available in the Gardens Car park and vouchers for long stay can be obtained from the club’s shop.
- Members should preferably park on Harper Ave.
- The Course has a par of 72 and is 5814 metres in length off the White tee markers and 5030 off the Yellow.
- Membership rates are very competitive with special deals for new members as well as a range of memberships to fit most golfer’s needs.
Saturday start times
Summer (Oct – Mar) 8:30am
Winter (Apr – Sep) 9:30am
Players should be registered at least 15 minutes before start time.
Why become a member at Hagley Golf Club?
- Right in the heart of the city, so handy.
- Everyone is welcome, all abilities, all ages, men and women.
- Turn up on Saturday morning at least 15 minutes before tee-off, register and play.
- No need to book your tee time weeks or months ahead.
- Play with different people every week.
- some weeks similar handicaps play together.
- some weeks a variety of handicaps play together.
- Shotgun start using up to 4 start tees, everyone finishes within a short time frame.
- Don’t let a frost be the cause of losing your tee-time. We wait for awhile and everyone tees off a little later.
- Enjoy a beverage on the deck after the round, followed by prize giving.
Hagley Golf Club will be marshalled in the evenings during daylight savings. Please pay your green fees before you start, so you won’t be embarrassed when you get asked for your receipt.
|Recent news||Recent results (press F5 to refresh this list/page)|
|more news...||more results...|