While adding the scores into the computer for the Winter Eclectic Round 1 on 9/4/16, there were 9 scorecards with errors, out of 30 eligible
5 cards had the wrong points calculated on one or more holes, usually on the stroke hole nearest handicap, eg on stroke hole 16 for 15 handicapper
3 cards had the wrong player handicap, resulting in wrong points being calculated.
Handicaps change every two weeks, please check your handicaps before every round.
1 card had an incorrect gross score due to a 5 looking like a 7.
Make your writing legible !!
A scorecard needs:
- Date, event.
- Players and marker name, handicap index, course handicap.
- Hole scores and points.
- 9 and 18 hole totals, added correctly.
- Results: Gross, Handicap, Nett, Par or Stableford points, twos.
- Course the Player played on, Men or Women, White or Yellow tees.
- Player and Markers signature.
- Haggle, optional
If you don’t do everything correctly, you can be disqualified.
This is what a scorecard should look like: